MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS
full service repair shop
Our staff have over 200 years combined experience in the bike industry. We can fix pretty much anything cyclewise, and are willing to work on any job, no matter how small. We stand behind our work to make sure you are a happy cyclist.
*Labour rates do not include parts
Fairfield Tune-Up: $90
- inspect frame and accessories for damage – note and adjust
- hubs inspected & adjusted
- minor lateral wheel true if required
- rims inspected for damage
- tire wear checked and pressure adjusted
- bottom bracket inspected and tightened as required
- crank arms inspected and tightened as required
- pedals inspected and tightened as required
- chain wear inspected and lubricated
- headset inspected adjusted and tightened
- fork inspected
- brake cables, calipers, levers and pads inspected, lubricated and adjusted (replacement pads extra)
- derailleurs cables and shifters inspected, lubricated and adjusted
- test ride
Fairfield End to End: $270 (plus parts)
includes a free 90 day follow-up tune.
The Fairfield End-to-End Service will return your bike to top-notch condition, with every bearing serviced or replaced as needed, wheels trued, cables replaced as necessary, and shifting and braking tuned to the best of the equipment’s ability. With this service, we strive to restore your bike as close to “As New” condition as possible — sometimes even better than new.
Since we’re going to be taking the bike apart and putting it back together, an overhaul is the absolute perfect time to save on labor charges and obtain good advice on upgrades and conversions, to optimize how the bike fits you, to add racks and bags, and to winterize your bike with fenders, a dyno hub and lights that’ll never need batteries, mudflaps, fresh-scented new tires with reflective side stripes for carrying on with your mad cycling habit through the dark months. And so on. About 3 months later, we’ll clean the bike of its winter grit and grime, check the bike over, and make any necessary minor adjustments.
Details: Parts are additional; assume an average of $80-$100 for replacement parts, possibly including ball bearings and cones, brake pads, chains/cassettes/chainrings, bottom brackets, cables, grips/tape, or others. More details: The mechanic performing the work will inspect the entire bike for wear or damage and make appropriate decisions and recommendations as to whether each part is safe. No work will be performed or parts replaced that exceed the initial estimate given except by approval of the bike’s owner. To minimize your bike’s downtime, we recommend you call ahead to make an appointment, at 250-381-2453. The best detail of all: your bike will feel like new again. Or maybe better than new.
Drivetrain Adjustment: $33
- Includes setting proper height and rotation of derailleur;
- lubrication of derailleur pivots;
- removing, inspecting, replacing if necessary, and lubing cables;
- sizing and trimming housings;
- securing, lubricating, and positioning shift levers;
- alignment of chainrings not requiring removal of the chainrings or crankarm;
- adjustment of limit screws.
Brake System Adjustment: $33
- Secure, inspect, and lube lever;
- remove, inspect, replace if necessary, size and lube cable and housings;
- inspect and secure caliper;
- adjust caliper pivot(s);
- lube caliper;
- inspect, replace if necessary, and align pads;
- adjust clearance and centering of pads;
- true wheel laterally as necessary to permit proper clearance adjustment (Additional charge may apply for wheels that need a full true service)
Flat Repair: $10
- cost of replacement tube not included
- flat repairs on some bikes are more complicated, so there may be additional charges
Brake Pad Replacement: $10 (per brake)
- cost of replacement pads not included
- pad replacement on some bikes is more complicated, so there may be additional charges